An office environment is the last place that you would expect an accident to occur. Offices do not have the hazards of a factory or construction site but that doesn’t mean that accidents do not happen. Due to the negligence of others, a variety of office injuries may occur such as:
- And more
Our workers’ compensation attorneys have more than 20 years of experience representing individuals or families that have become injured in an office environment in the Cary, NC area. We take a personal look at your case and do everything in our legal power to get you the benefits or compensation you deserve.
Tips to Avoid Workplace Injuries
The way you perform a task, and the workstation environment it is performed in, can influence the risk of injury/illness. The following good techniques can make a job easy and safe, therefore reducing any workplace hazards:
- Move your monitor away from sources of glare or direct light
- Clean your monitor screen on a regular basis
- Keep frequently used items like your phone, reference materials and pens/pencils within easy reach
- Move between different postures regularly
- Use the minimum force necessary to strike your keyboard/keys
- Vary your tasks to avoid a long period of one activity
- Take mini-breaks to rest your eyes and muscles
If you or a loved one have been applying safe work practices and have still been injured in your Cary office, and you believe your injury was due to the negligence of someone else, contact Ledbetter & Titsworth. We will help you file a workers’ compensation claim and get you the benefits to which you may be entitled.
Contact our Cary law firm for a free consultation. Ledbetter & Titsworth proudly represents injured office workers in the NC Triangle including Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and surrounding areas.