Being involved in a traffic accident while you are on-the-job can be stressful. Not to worry, because drivers who are injured while performing job-related duties in a company vehicle may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation. While you are “on the clock” your employer has a responsibility to provide you with workers’ compensation benefits to cover any injuries or lost wages that could result from a work-related car accident, even if the car accident is your fault.
At Ledbetter & Titsworth, our attorneys advise and represent Cary, NC workers who have been involved in work-related car accidents. We step in if the extent of your injuries are questioned by your employer’s insurance doctor. We also consult medical specialists who can verify and explain the nature of your injuries.
Tips For Cary Drivers Involved in a Work-Related Traffic Accident
Do not hesitate to contact our Cary law firm with any questions you may have about work-related car accidents. Our attorneys are here to help you in this stressful time in your life. Here are some tips that we suggest to workers who have been involved in a work-related car accident:
- Move your vehicle out of traffic as soon as it’s safe.
- Call police and paramedics if necessary.
- If the accident happened while you were working or on the way to work, call your employer to report the accident.
- Provide written evidence of your insurance coverage to the police officer. Include the name of your employer’s insurance company and the policy number.
- Make sure the accident is reported to the Department of Motor Vehicles in Cary within 10 days if property damage exceeds $500 or there are any injuries.
- DO NOT discuss the financial amounts of your/your employer’s insurance with anyone.
- DO NOT discuss responsibility for the accident or circumstances of the accident with anyone except the police, your employer (only personnel with a need to know), an identified representative of your/your employer’s insurance company, or an attorney retained to act on your behalf.
Ledbetter & Titsworth proudly serves clients across the NC Triangle including those in Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill, NC, and beyond.